National Science Foundation - Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Check out the National Science Foundations website for opportunities for research (usually in summer). Some paid.
Internships Currently Available
- University of Cincinnati REU Program in Sensory Ecology: May 30-August 4, 2023 - Stipend and Housing Provided. Priority Deadline: February 17, 2023. More Information
- Summer Student Program in Genetics and Genomics Research with The Jackson Laboratory: June 3-August 12, 2023 - Stipend and Housing. Deadline: January 30, 2023. More information
- Black Beauty Ranch, a Humane Society of the United States Animal Sanctuary has Spring and Summer Internships available. More information.
Former Internship Opportunities for informational purposes
- CRISP (Cancer Research Immersion Summer Program) at OU Health Sciences Center. Paid 9-week reearch experience. Deadline: February 14, 2022. More Information
- NARCH (Native American Research Center for Health) at OU Health Sciences Center. Paid 9-week reearch experience. Deadline: February 14, 2022. More Information
- Society of Wetland Scientists Deadline: Nov. 4, 2016 - Travel June 5-8, 2017 to San Juan, Puerto Rico More Information
- Kansas University Summer 2022: The Stressed Life of Cells: May 23-July 29, 2022 - Stipend and Housing Provided. Application Deadline: March 1, 2022 More Information
- Flathead Lake Biological Station: University of Montana - Field Ecology courses. 8 Courses. Discount for early application (January 16, 2022) Final Deadline: March 7, 2022 More Information and Brochure
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Scholars Program Paid Summer Internships - 3 locations - Deadlines Dec - Jan (based on location) More Information.
- University of South Florida Summer Research Institute Substance Use & Disorders Research with Stipend. Deadline March 11, 2019 More information
- Cornell Institute of Host-Microbe Interactions & Disease NSF Funded Undergraduate Research With Stipend! Deadline February 21, 2019 More Information
- Little Rock Zoo Summer Internships Deadline March 15, 2019 More Information
- Harvard University Summer Internships in Systems Biology Deadline February 1, 2019 More information
- UREx REU - Research in Urban Infrastructure resilience & community vulnerability in Arizona and Florida Deadline April 1, 2019. Compensation available. More Information
- Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology - 10 week position working in the Appalachian Mountains studying nitrogen cycle and legacies of disturbance. Full Time. Paid Compensation. Deadline April 1, 2019. More Information
- Red Squirrel Behavior - 14 Week Research position in Yukon, Canada Deadline April 5, 2019. Compensation Available. More information
- Indiana University-Bloomington Integrative Study of Animal Behavior Research program Deadline February 15, 2019 More information
- 2019 GCRL Summer Field Program 2019 GCRL Summer Field Program 3 Programs Run in May, June and July More Information
- Terrestrial Wildlife Consevation Experience South Africa No deadline - monthly experiences available
- University of Virginia Blandy Experimental Farm - Experimental ecology and evolutionary biology summer REU for undergraduates (stipend). Deadline: Feb. 15, 2021 - More information.
- Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch - Several opportunities throughout the year. Deadline dependent on session. More information
- Hands of Hope Internship Opportunity to work with children birth through age 6. More information